· Approximately 2750 enrolled parishioners
· 45 active parish ministries of which 14% of parishioners (385) are actively involved (as of 6/12)
· Ministry fair added 50 parishioners (435) to our Stewardship of time and talent bringing the percentage up to nearly 16% (as of 11/12)
· School enrollment has increased nearly 30% in the last 5 years
· Nearly 100 new registered families in the last 12 months
· Youth group enrollment has tripled in the last 36 months
· Welcoming committee formed
· Stewardship committee formed
· Most successful fish fries, school auction and parish picnic since parish inception
· Faith formation initiatives that have tripled in parishioner involvement (i.e. The Catholicism series)
Initiatives for the next 12 months
· Improved communication via ambo announcements, bulletin, mail, website, Facebook, face to face and telephone (communications committee needs your help)
· Improved community outreach-Parish goal of 20% involved in the aforementioned 45 ministries
· Develop underserved ministry opportunities
· Have all ministries represented quarterly at Pastoral Council meetings to help determine the future initiatives
· Have written ministry functions and contact information available to anyone needing information
· Publish a Parish directory
· Increased development in Stewardship of treasure awareness and parish needs as well as increase our weekly/monthly contributions to make the Parish financially sound
Vision: “In Christ and Community, to live in faith, hope and love.”
Tne Pastoral Council has a Vacancy! Click here for more info.
The Pastoral Council is a consultative body which assists the Pastor of the parish and has two main purposes: to plan for the future of the parish and to serve as a liaison between all the parish groups.
The Council works to determine what the needs of the parish will be in the coming years and puts the resources in place to meet those needs. Additionally, each council member serves as a contact person for various parish groups. If there are any issues which a group feels needs to be discussed or acted upon by the Pastoral Council they should bring it to the attention of their liaison.
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Pastoral Council Meeting Minutes
April 25, 2013
Pastoral Council Members Present: Fr. Ray, Fr. Anthony, Sharon Coonan, Tony Schneider, Deacon Art, Frank Kurtz, Trish Gerlitz, Jerry Vallina, Patrick Guest, Steve Mensing, Anna Kurtz, and Carol Keeney.
Joint Meeting of Leadership Councils
Fr. Ray asked that all review “Stewardship, A Disciple’s Response”, especially page 59 #2 and pp 63-67 entitled Key Concepts. This will be discussed at the next meeting.
Father also explained the Diocesan Pastoral Plan for Parish Renewal and Restructuring. Data was collected from every parish in the diocese and processed by a committee. For us the new partnership will include Holy Trinity, St. Stephen and Holy Rosary. On May 1 new vicariates were established. This term replaces “deanery.”
Fr. Ray is currently a Vicar Farone until June 1st. This allows him to examine parish records, among other responsibilities. A list of three will be submitted to the Bishop for his selection.
The partnership will not be in place until a priest from one of the above parishes is reassigned with no replacement. This summer the three parish leadership teams will meet.
David gave an extensive and informative power point presentation on the stewardship structure. But how do we communicate this to our parishioners? What does each ministry need in support? The plan is to get this new model into motion on July 1, the beginning of the new fiscal year. David feels that increasing the stewardship facets of time, talent and treasure by 25% for all parishioners will satisfy our needs for now and the future.
Fr. Anthony suggested a Day of Recollection for the Leadership Councils together. The date was set for June 22nd from 2-5 pm in the Parish Center. The Commissioning of the Councils would then follow at the 5:00 Mass.
The Councils then adjourned to separate meetings.
The minutes were approved by Trish and seconded by Patrick.
The golf cart is scheduled for delivery on May 3, 2013. The cart is used, 5 years old and cost $4700.00. This includes the addition of a back seat, windshield, stronger suspension, lights and an enclosure. Naseem will coordinate usage, storage and guidelines.
Tony confirmed that Frank will continue to handle facilities, Patrick devotions, Jerry print communications, the directory and the bulletin. Steve’s responsibilities are yet to be determined.
The 10th Anniversary celebration for the parish will be June 2nd. There will be a catered lunch after 10:30 Mass. Bishop Schlarmann and Fr. Long will be among the invitees.
The Maifest is May 18 and the Parish Picnic is Sept 13 and 14.
Sharon reminded us to read, sign and forward the “Four Signs of a Dynamic Catholic” to others.
The next meeting is Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 7:00pm, immediately following the 6pm Stewardship Commission meeting.
The Pastoral Council meets on the fourth Thursday of every month.